For those who are not already aware, we currently have a Kickstarter on the go for a limited edition series of floggers. You can read all about it below or on our Kickstarter page at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aemiliahawk/limited-edition-black-hawk-mark-2-collection
The use of a flogger is usually among the first steps after discovering BDSM and to continue from our previous project: The Art of Flogging DVD, we are now aiming to bring some of the best quality toys to enthusiasts all over the world.
What is this project?
My business, Kabunza Craftwerks, specialises in building bespoke BDSM orientated toys and accessories. My own set of toys, the original limited edition Black Hawk floggers, is now ready for retirement after almost 6 years of loyal service. It is my intention to build a new set of Black Hawk impact toys for myself and give everyone the chance to own their own personalised variation. Like we did for the first set, we would like to offer this new set for a limited time of one month. We have already built prototypes and have taken photos of them so that you can see what we are offering.
Where will the money go?
Most of the cost will go into the purchasing of materials. With this exclusive range of toys, we have chosen some of the most comfortable, durable and aesthetic building products available. These materials also need to be packaged and shipped to our workshop. What is left goes into paying kickstarter fees and for the time it takes to create them as each set is 100% bespoke and takes about 20 hours to complete.
Due to the expense of the materials involved, Kickstarter allows us the opportunity to be able to offer luxury items such as these for a limited time. Essentially acting as a kind of pre-order, these kinds of toys would be difficult for us to offer through normal circumstances.
Because our skills have advanced so much since the original Black Hawk floggers were made, we are offering 6 variations in the Mk2 range and 8 pledge levels. The details of these sets can be seen below:
- The leather: A luxurious leather originating from Spain known as “Hunters leather”. This is a very soft leather with a nice amount of weight for its thickness. Each toy has exactly 42 falls (because this is the meaning to life, the universe and everything).
- The o-rings: Ouroboros (a snake swallowing its own tail). Nickel free.
- The chainmail: A style of broken Full Persian weave which we call “Hawk’s weave”. All in blackened steel and very strong. The length of the chains in our Nunchaku floggers are 3 inches and in our poi floggers, 8.5 inches. This weave is only ever used in Black Hawk’s.
- The conchos (luxury sets only): Brass ropework filigree set in stainless steel. These conchos will be engraved with your own initials or two letters of your choice. Making each set unique.
- The finger loops (Poi and Finger sets only): Double layered for added comfort and aesthetic.
- The handles (Nunchaku only): Made from chinese red oak with a steel ball bearing swivel joint for added maneuverability.
Pledge level 1: Black Hawk Mk2 Finger Floggers, Standard edition.
Pledge level 2: Black Hawk Mk2 Nunchaku Floggers, Standard edition.
Pledge level 3: Black Hawk Mk2 Poi Floggers, Standard edition.
Pledge level 4: Black Hawk Mk2 Finger floggers, Luxury edition.
Pledge level 5: Black Hawk Mk2 Nunchaku Floggers, Luxury edition.
Pledge level 6: Black Hawk Mk2 Poi Floggers, Luxury edition.
Pledge level 7: One of every standard edition set. Poi, Nunchaku and Finger floggers.
Pledge level 8: One of every luxury edition set. Poi, Nunchaku and Finger floggers.
We have several stretch goals in mind.
Stretch Goal #1 – £5000
All reward worthy pledges will receive a copy of The Art of Flogging DVD along with their new toys!
Stretch Goal #2 – £7500
All reward worthy pledges will receive a Snap Dragon along with their new toys! These Snap Dragons will be made out of the Black Hawk Mk2 leathers and steel. (Photo coming soon)
Stretch Goal #3 – Details will be released upon reaching the previous stretch goals.
Thank you for taking the time to take a look at our Kickstarter and sharing the word. We appreciate all the support and encouragement we receive from the BDSM and alternative communities. We hope this project encourages people to play and paves the way for many more in the future.
Disclaimer: Floggers are for use by consenting adults as novelties, fashion accessories, and sexual toys. We do not encourage violence towards others and assume no responsibility for unsafe, improper, or illegal use of these items. Please be safe, sane, and consensual.