- Disrespect – Respect given is respect earned. Naturally.
- Ignorance – “I can hear you and I know you are talking to me but I choose not to acknowledge you! You do not exist to me! Lalalalalala!” (being interrupted by random people during play, aftercare or when talking also come under this category)
- Lousy liars – If you are going to lie, at least lie properly.
- Thieves – Simple. If it is not yours, be it an idea, a photo, something material or even credit for an achievement or action: THEN IT IS NOT YOURS!
- Cattle – “Follow! Follow! We know not what we are following! Wheeee!”
- Being called a vampire – I am not a vampire! (see #1 and #2)
- Drugs – A lousy excuse for having no imagination. Incredibly stupid when mixed with BDSM (overconsumption of alcohol being the most common I have seen).
- Knowledgelessness (BDSM) – If you are going to be brutal, at least do the decent thing and get creative with it or do something that actually requires some element of knowledge and skill (this would also imply actually having the said knowledge and skill for the use of any tools involved, rather than just grabbing something and hoping that nothing is permanently damaged during its application). Get some learning. Take time to plan. Be consensual and safe. DO THE RESEARCH!
- Trolls – Sad, pathetic and pitiable people who literally have nothing better or constructive to do than slander, criticise and argue online. “Get a life”.
- The fact that I frequently hear and see all of the aforementioned far more than I care to.
This will be my fifth blogger award nomination. Previous nominations have included:
- The Reader Appreciation Award. (Sunflowers… I am glad I can only be nominated once.)
- The Beautiful Blogger Award. (I feel pretty, oh so pretty!)
- The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. (Naturally.)
- The META Awesomest Blog Unicorn Award. (Sparkly pink, I kid you not. Still not over that one.)
This time I have been nominated for the Compassionate Communicator award by Quantumphysica and while I am metaphorically ‘over the moon’ to be nominated, I must say: “Compassionate? Moi? Disgraceful slander I tell you!”
- That in awarding it to a blogger you simply link it to one of their blog posts which you feel has personally benefited you in some way (See below).
- You give a brief explanation of why you feel it benefited you (See below).
- On accepting the award you link back to and thank the person who awarded it to you (Done).
So, without further ado, to the links and reasoning:
- The Kinky Life of Bowz: A very cute but informative blog written from the perspective of a 23 year old submissive masochist female by the name of ‘Bowz’. Personally, I love it when someone gets into BDSM at such a young age and I think it is excellent how she mixes up good, solid BDSM advice with her own budding exploration and experiences. While her blog is packed with excellent opinions and information, my personal favorite of the posts she has written is about how she believes she is experiencing ‘Anti-brainwashing’: http://bigpinkbowz.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/help-help-im-going-through-anti-brainwashing/
- Deviant Wench: Written by a married submissive feminist, her blog is filled with stories and opinions on the kinky things she gets up to. Whenever I need a smile on my face, this is the blog I go to. She always makes me laugh; The latest post of hers which made me giggle can be found at: http://deviantwench.wordpress.com/2012/09/20/and-you-may-ask-yourself-well-how-did-i-get-here/
- Pet Etiquette: A mixture of both vamp and BDSM topics with a nice concoction of shorts, poetry and views. Interesting reading when I manage to spot her new posts. Naturally, despite the post being so short, my favorite of hers is when she mentioned me: http://petetiquette.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/not-bad-i-say/
- We’re all mad in here: Written by the very lady who nominated me for this award. A blend of pretty much everything goes into her blog; From Etsy.com shop suggestions and letters to her psychiatrist, to poetry and stories about the events in her life (Some BDSM orientated). Every single post is interesting. Every single post will make you think or spark on emotion. I cannot list a favorite because there is so many, so I will just link to her main page and let you all see for yourselves: http://wereallmadinhere.wordpress.com/
It seems I have been nominated for three blogger awards by the ever kinky Deviant wench.
I have no idea if I won the last award: The Reader Appreciation Award. Probably unlikely as I do tend to ignore half the rules. But it is all in good fun and gives me an excuse to stroke my ego or talk about myself, which, apparently, I love to do.
So, the awards are as follows:
The Beautiful Blogger Award:
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
And, The META Awesomest Blog Unicorn Award:
Who invents these things? I mean, I enjoy a bit of ponyplay as much as the next Mistress. But a pink, shiny unicorn-boy? He looks so “My little pony” that I would not be surprised if he had a rainbow brand on his backside and ejaculated marshmallows.
Nevermind. Let us proceed to the rules.
1. Include the award logo(s) somewhere in your blog:
See Above. Much to my dismay.
2. Answer 10 questions you have about yourself / “Share 10 factoids that absolutely no one really needs to know about me, but which I am going to share anyway, because that’s how I roll”:
The entertaining part.
- I actually own several cuddly toys. My favorite is a talking “Stitch” from Disneys “Lilo and Stitch” movie. He shouts out “MAKE ME A SANDWICH!”, so I often shake him at people to get him to shout it out instead of having to say it myself.
- Every time my submissive (Benjamin) gets to play in the dungeon he always brings a packet of jelly sweets (I use them as treats if he takes the pain well or has been good). I tend to eat all the red ones myself and he has been wondering, for the past 8 months, why he never gets any red sweets in any of the packets.
- I dislike being called a vampire and prefer the term “Demon” or “Demonic”. The last person to refer to me as “vampiric” ended up chained to a fence in the back yard of my dungeon, naked, while it was hailing. I am still in the firm belief that I was overly lenient.
- I have an obsession with tea. I would take it intravenously if it would not be so detrimental to my health. (Milk, no sugar. Because I am sweet enough. If I get any sweeter, I will be out of a job.)
- Despite public opinion, I am always on my best behavior. It is just unfortunate that my best behavior is often considered quite anti-social towards the mundane.
- I enjoy confusing people by randomly switching between being sarcastic and being brutally honest.
- I often ask myself stupid questions. Examples: “Why is it that my lemonade contains all kinds of artificial ingredients and my washing up liquid contains real lemons?” and “Toast always lands butter-side-down when it is dropped and a cat always lands on its feet, so what would happen if I buttered the back of a cat and threw it out of the upper story window?”. Luckily, I rarely say these things out loud.
- I am a huge fan of science fiction (especially Star Wars and Mass Effect) and heavy metal music. You will never see that sentence written on this blog again.
- I sometimes pretend to be mundane. However, I get bored of it rather quickly.
- I dislike eating pears. It is not the kind of pressure I like to be under.
- http://wereallmadinhere.wordpress.com/ (She has probably already been nominated, but I like her blog.)
- http://thehourglass-nicole.blogspot.co.uk/ (Not a wordpress blog, but she is a friend and I enjoy the rants and raves of her stalker)
- http://ramblingsofanaspiringwriter.wordpress.com/ (An entertaining read.)
- http://rbholbrook.wordpress.com/ (His demon character makes me think of me if I were vanilla. I like it.)
- http://jessicadee25.wordpress.com/(a friend)
- http://mykinkylife.wordpress.com/ (a friend)
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominees links in your post and comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate:
How do I say this without sounding incredibly pompous, arrogant and sloth?
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you:
Deviant wench: Foul mouthed and penis obsessed.
However, she is also witty, funny, charismatic and a damn good read at times. I like her.